Sunday, December 2, 2012

O Christmas, Tree

It is amazing how adding a Christmas Tree (From Wal-Mart Pullman) to our home makes it finally feel like Christmas inside and out.  

We started with a fake, 6.5 foot pre-lit tree. Added red tinsel garland. Topped with an angel.  Red and Silver sparkly ornaments and Red and Silver ball ornaments. not to mention, candy canes, my favorite.  Next year - star wire garland and bows.  And MORE ornaments. 


We were going to do just the outside this year, and I couldn't resist. It's been literally five years since I've decorated a Christmas Tree.  A wreath and our garland on the outside looks great, but it didn't bring the Christmas spirit inside quite like the tree did. 


All three of these pictures I must credit to my Super Husband to Be, Francisco.  This last one is the view from our open door to the neighbors across the street.  Every one is getting in to the Christmas Spirit.

I will digress that I finally opened one of my Christmas Gifts from Last year - a bottle of Peppermint Schnapps. That will tell you how much we drink around here.  And I must say that little pour of minty goodness in my hot chocolate was the perfect way to celebrate a job well done, here at home, and yesterday morning. . .

The Palouse Cares Food Drive in Colfax was a huge success.  I'm waiting on numbers from the other communities.  But here in town we did:  1800 pounds of food (in 3 hours).  Plus at least $1800 in fundraising from our efforts minimum when all is said and done.  Now that  tops off the warm and cozy Christmas feeling at our house as we reflect on the weekend and look forward to the coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment